Friday, May 8, 2015

Walk On Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson


I just finished Rae Carson's latest book and it was a thrilling ride. This was the first time for me to read a California gold rush era book and let me tell you, Rae did not shy away from writing it. This wasn't some easy reading fluffy YA title. Rae got down into the real nitty gritty of what it was like to travel overland in that time, but didn't let it bog down the writing with so many minute details that you get bored. She put her characters through every hardship you could imagine and some you even couldn't unless you had been there!

Because this book will not come out until September there's not a lot I can say about it, YET! I can tell you though that Rae put a lot of work into her character Lee. Lee is this incredibly brave tomboyish figure who you really just want to be your best friend. She really puts on a brave face, but isn't scared to show you her vulnerability and her incredible work ethic.

This is definitely another winner for Rae Carson. If you haven't read any of her other work, I suggest you start with The Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy. Head to your local library, bookstore or favorite reading device and give it a try!

If you have read them, then let me know what you think in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment