Thursday, May 21, 2015

New Book Alert: Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra May 26th, 2015



 

 "Though she be but little, she is fierce." William Shakespeare

I think I could wrap the whole book up in that one phrase.The girls of the Manhattan Ballet Institute are some of the most manipulative, conniving, and competitive characters I have ever read about. Every girls desire is to be the prima ballerina and they will get it at any cost.

What I liked about the book:
  • The Diverse Cultures-Many readers will be able to find something in this book to identify with. Even if you're not a dancer (I'm not) you can look at each girls culture struggle and see something in you.
  • The Ambition- Every girl was driven by something in their life. There were distinct back stories that helped you understand the drive that lead them to what they did to each other.
  • Gigi-Her determination to be the best and not stoop the everyone elses level was inspiring. No matter what Bette and June did, she still tried to see the best.
What I didn't like about the book:
  • There were so many questions left unanswered at the end.I am happy to say now that I know there is a second book in the works.

Overall I really did enjoy the book. If I didn't, I wouldn't have finished it or be writing this review. It was an escape into a world I know nothing about. I was a band nerd, not a dancer.

Does the book interest you? Let me know in the comments below.


Sona Charaipotra Facebook Page

#bookreview

No comments:

Post a Comment