Wednesday, May 27, 2015

RAIN, RAIN, GO AWAY....WAIT! STOP! I want to read more!

Wow! We have had a lot of rain since Friday! You know what rain makes? Good reading weather! Yes it does. I have been a little reading machine this past weekend. Since Friday, I have started and finished four books. Honestly I can't believe I picked 4 books in a row that I would want to finish back to back like that.



Awake by Natasha Preston 
release date August 4th, 2015

Awake was a thrilling ride. This was the first time I'd read a book by Natasha Preston. I enjoyed this book because it took place in Bath and Ireland. Most of the books I read usually happen to take place somewhere in the U.S.A, so it was good to get a look at another part of the world. Ireland is my dream destination too! This book centered around a 15 year old girl named Scarlett. Scarlett has no memories of her life before the age of 4. We soon find that her whole life is changed by everything that happened before she turned 4 and when she rediscovers those memories life takes a turn for the worst. This book will have you on the edge of your seat wondering if Scarlett will make it out alive. Teens reading this book, might not know a lot about cults, but older readers will remember the various ones that popped up in the 90s. I think adults and teens alike can find something to enjoy in this one.



Need by Joelle Charbonnaeu
release date November 3rd, 2015
What happens when you take a brand new social networking site, keep the members to only one high school,  give everyone complete anonymity, and give them whatever they ask for???? HORROR, that is exactly what you get. I can say that if this book were ever made into a movie I would not be able to watch it. It was bloody good! NEED is based around the students of Nottowa High School. One day the new social site NEED pops up. The site promises to give you what you need. At first the price for your need is to provide other email addresses to students in the school. What happens though after all the students have joined? The cost of admission goes up and the students are then asked to do seemingly innocent pranks. When the body count starts rising though you know something sinister is as at work! This was good. It is also completely different from Charbonneau's Testing Trilogy. Give it a try though! I dare you to put it down.


What You Left Behind  by Jessica Verdi
release date August 4th, 2015

This YA book was completely different than 90% of the other YA titles out there. Do you want to know how? Simple, it had a male narrator. We don't see many of those. Especially with this storyline. This was the story of Ryden. Ryden is a single dad who just happens to still be in high school. At the start of the book we are 6 months into the life of his daugher, Hope. We see Ryden at his lowest point. He is convinced that if he had ever known his dad he could be the father to Hope that he wants to be. We go on a journey of self discovery with him. I enjoyed every minute of the ride with Ryden. I felt his heartbreak, his elation, and everything else in between. Jessica has a beautiful way of writing. I hope guys will pick this book up and give it a chance.



The Other Daughter by Lauren Willig 
release date July 21st, 2015

This was the only adult book I read this weekend. I really liked it because it read almost like a stage play. It helped keep the story moving and not get bogged down. By the end of this book I felt like I was reading the script for Downton Abbey. There were so many similarities that if Downton Abbey was continuing into a 7th season, then they could just pick this book up and use it as their script. That being said though, I still would suggest this book. It was completely enjoyable to the very end. There was scandal, intrigue, naughty 20s flappers and so much more. It was a beautifully told romance and I really liked it. 


What do you think? Do any of these titles look enticing to you? Let me know what you think below in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment