Monday, June 15, 2015

New Book Alert: The Witch Hunter




The Witch Hunter
Pub Date: June 2nd, 2015

Lately, I am finding a love for books about the supernatural. I guess pre Harry Potter and Twilight, I would not read a book about witches or vampires. I was strictly a romance girl. Bring me Gone With The Wind, Scarlett, Anne of Green Gables, and the like! Those were my gravy. In the last 10 years my comfort zone with books has really grown. I love just about a little bit of everything. Even some horror books, GASP! I find that where I can't watch scary and bloody things, I don't have a problem reading about them. 

All that being said, I really liked The Witch Hunter. I was able to get wrapped up in the characters. I was Elizabeth, trapped in the jail. I was in a fight to choose between Caleb and John. It's always so hard to choose between your first love and your true love. If life were perfect they would be one and the same, but we know life ain't perfect.

Besides a good amount of the gushy romantic stuff that us girls like it also held a moral story. Elizabeth had been taught from an early age that magic is bad. Magic is the root of all evil. What happens though when you are forced into that world that you thought was wrong?  What happens when you learn more about that forbidden world? What happens when you find out everything you were ever taught was a lie?

What I liked best about this book was that it was wrapped up nicely, with enough wiggle room for a sequel, which has to be coming. I need to know what happens!

Will you take this journey with Elizabeth? Will you find out what happens in the end? Let me know what you think about the book in the comments below!


#SRO15

No comments:

Post a Comment