Wednesday, June 3, 2015

New Book Alert! Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan



Fans of the now defunct TV show REVENGE will love this book! I know what you're saying, the show just ended, but it was a really good show. I was pretty upset when I heard they were ended it after this season. I am so getting off subject right now. I meant to tell y'all about this book.

This is the story of Libby/Frances. Hmmm does this sound already a little like the Emily/Amanda thing? Yes! Sorry back to topic. Libby/Frances was pulled out of the ocean 4 years prior to the main events in this book. She was on a cruise ship that was taken out by a rogue wave....or was it? You seriously just need to read this book to find out.

Daughter of Deep Silence has all the angtsy YA stuff you love, but also this full of revenge plot that will have you sitting on the edge of your seat. Carrie wrapped the story up nearly and I don't know if there's room for a sequel, but I would like the possibility. Either way this is a great book.

When I started it, I was blown away by Carrie's use of descriptive language. I felt like I was right there in the raft with Libby and Frances. I could smell the salt air and taste the salt water. I swore I could feel my tongue swelling in my mouth from her descriptions. I really fell in love with Carrie's style of writing and I hope to read more.

This book was released on May 265th. If you haven't yet please head to your nearest library, bookstore, or reading device and get your hands on a copy! You won't regret it!

Let me know what you think in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment