Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Wonderful World of Words

Wow! So as you may know, Summer Reading is in full force. I had just started this weekly tradition of giving you a wonderful and amazing word on Wednesdays when I was suddenly hit with the lack of time to get it done! So today I bring you a new installment of the Wonderful World of Words!

Today's word you will not find in any dictionary, and you may never find it in one, but it is a word that resounds with me!

Dunandunate

verb- “to overuse a word or phrase that has been recently added to one’s vocabulary”, or to learn a word and then use it incessantly. 

 

 

 For me I know that I way over use LOL...ugh! I can't get it out of my system. It used to mean something, but now its just the passing comment on any random post or text or anything. I know I over use like. When I first learned discombobulate, I used that word like crazy! 


Are there any words that you overuse or that you are just so very tired of hearing? What words or phrases need to be dropped from all use in today's vocabulary all together? Drop me a comment and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment